Saturday, October 20, 2012

Jamieasa's Boy troubles

Dear Daisy,
I'm back for your AWESOME advice! :D Anyway, there's this dance next Friday. Yesterday, this guy named, uh, let's say Steve, said he knew who Bob (not real name) wanted to go to the dance with. Later that day, Steve was talking to Bob and was like, "Jamieeeeeee, Jamieeeeeeeeee, Jamieeeeeeee...". I think I heard Bob telling him to stop but all I did was give them the confused, weirded out look. When I got home from school, I figured that Bob wanted to ask me to the dance. I kept practicing in the mirror how I would say "No.". Then when he asked me at lunch, I got so nervous, freaked out, hesitated, and just blurted out, "What?!" like I didn't hear a single word he said. He responded, "Nothing.". I felt awkward the whole day and I tried my best to ignore it and avoid it. Bob is nice and all but he's... not intelligent. He takes "special" classes and can't really understand things as well as 5th graders could. I don't have any interest in him AT ALL but I don't want to hurt his feelings. What should I do? How should I say it? Should I just ignore and avoid it?

Jamieasa







Dear Jamieasa, 
If he tries to ask you again, just say gently " Bob, I don't really like you that way. I like you more as a friend." and maybe he'll back off. Don't bring up the subject though,he might feel worse. Be nice to him though, who knows, you may make a new friend. ( JUST friends ) Do you not like him because he's not the most intelligent in the world? But since he is in " special " classes, so he may be pretty smart. If not, thats ok. everybody learns at different paces. For now, I would avoid it but not him. Be nice to him but if he brings up the subject just tell him what I said up above. 

Hope I helped!
Daisy

2 comments: